May Wah Fast Food: Chicken Leg over Rice in Chinatown NYC

Here's the chicken leg over rice.


I didn't know this place existed until I got a group invite. Then I wondered, what is this place known for?
Turns out, it's known for three things: tea egg, chicken leg over rice, or pork chop over rice. 

I got the chicken leg over rice. The flavor was different and even reminded me of stepping into H-Mart (I have no idea why).

The chicken seemed to be fried in a particular soy sauce. It didn't taste like anything I've cooked before. If I could know the recipe, that would be amazing. 

I wish the flavors transcended inside the chicken a bit. It became a bit dry with the veggies and rice. I suggest borrowing one of their side sauces inside the restaurant. 

The veggies were cooked in a sour manner. I particularly thought the acidity of the vegetables completed the chicken leg. 

This dish no matter how simple, is distinct from any other dish I've had. 

Plus, it's cheap! Around $5 to $6 dollars per bowl. 

Decor: N/A      Taste: 8/10     Quality: 7.8/10     
Price Affordability: 9/10


Comments

Popular Posts