Bartaco: Port Chester's Riverside Chiqueness

Many people from Westchester rave about Bartaco. 
If you really want the Bartaco experience, go sit outside on the deck by the water. 
Here's what I thought of each dish below:


Churros with chocolate sauce: I loved the piping hot churros with this sauce. The churro tasted a bit eggier on the inside, however, since it was piping hot it rarely made a difference. They should have added a bigger bowl of chocolate sauce. (8.4/10). 

Guac and Chips: this is what they serve as a large. I didn't think the size was right.
Tasted great with the jalapeños, but needed more lime.  (7/10)
Tuna Poké. This is what one of my friends *accidentally* ordered. I never order poké except in a Japanese/Hawaiian place. However, despite having a tad bit more soy sauce, the quality was great. Needed more chips however. (8/10)
Portobello tacos: you can judge a restaurant
by its vegetarian food. 

It was juicy and there much better than 
any meat variety. (8.7/10)
Mexican corn off the cob: I would have rather have this on the cob than off. The cotija cheese made it great, however, there was nothing that wowed me.
Something more spicy would have done the trick. (710)
Baja fish tacos: I loved the fish in this dish. Super crispy and addicting. I wish some kind of spicy kick were added to it, as it would complement the toppings. 

Overall, I had a pleasant experience at Bartaco. I wish they had bigger portions for several of the dishes listed above.
In addition, make sure to go in a group, as it's much more fun. 


Decor: 8/10      Taste: 8.4/10     Quality: 8.5/10     
Price Affordability: 7.9/10


Comments

Popular Posts