Broadway Bites Review: NYC Midtown West (Near Koreatown) 33rd & Broadway New York

Went here today, and could never forget it. 
Here are the three main things I could take a picture of before it was quickly eaten by others. 
Zagat doesn't have ratings of each individual business and neither of this event. 

Ah well, it's my job to report what is good so far. 
(ONE NOTE: if you need to use the restrooms, Market Crates is around the corner and they provide restrooms to the public).
Market Crates also has a really good house blend organic coffee.
Unfortunately, I could not eat several things there, and some I'm mentioning don't have a picture. 


Chingu (Korean). ($11): Crispy double fried wings with spicy sauce and scallions
This thing not only smelled good, but was GOOD!
The sauce is quite different than what I've had, and the wings had great quality.
It was really crispy and slightly messy to eat, but don't miss out on this. 
The texture and spices would give you an authentic feel for the dish.
Although, I haven't had this dish before. 
Rating: 8.5/10


Hai Street Kitchen (Japanese/Western)  ($11): The original--katsu chicken in sushi burrito
On a hot day, I didn't order the fish sushi burrito. However, this was amazing.
Extremely filling and a good bang for the buck. Great for kids and if you're on a tight budget because of how the burrito is packed. The flavors were of great quality. Chicken was crisp and veggies were fresh.
Rating: 8/10 


Enfes (Turkish): Vegetarian Gozelme ($9)
Great for vegetarians is what I can say. The additional sauces the lady provided added a great Turkish taste to the dish. Really flavorful with the sauce, however, otherwise slightly bland. I suppose the blandness is to accommodate the general public. No matter what, do get this dish. I haven't had anything like it. The texture of the crepe is quite light and fluffy, and everything that fits inside complements each other. 
Rating: 8.4/10

In addition, I loved Renegade Lemonade.
Do try the blue lavender lemonade. Off the charts, and worth investing $5 for a medium size. Perfect amount of coolness for a hot day.
Strawberry basil is another great flavor. 
Rating: 8.7/10

The whole event is a small park in the middle of the bustle and hustle

Here are my ratings below:

Decor/Ambience: 8/10     Food eaten: 8.7/10   $ Reasonability 8/10    Quality: 9.2/10


Comments

Popular Posts